3M Sun Control Window Films for Your Home
You love your windows and the dazzling light they bring into your home. But as much as you cherish the views and natural light, you’re also aware that sunlight creates excessive heat, fades valuable furnishings, and contains harmful UV rays. 3M™ Sun Control Window Films allow you to let the light in and keep the heat and damage out. Best of all you can get these great benefits without changing the appearance of your home.
- The ultimate in high technology, offering clear film technology with outstanding heat rejection to create the perfect film for your home
- Designed not to change the appearance of your home
- Clear to lightly tinted, allows up to 70% of the visible light through your windows
- Rejects up to 60% of the heat coming through your windows
- Reflectivity that’s actually lower than glass
Learn more about 3M Prestige Series Residential Window Films.
- Nano-ceramic technology combines excellent heat rejection with amazing clarity
- Allows up to 50% of the visible light through your windows
- Rejects up to 59% of the heat coming through your windows
- Moderately tinted, providing additional glare reduction with minimal change to the appearance of your home
Learn more about 3M Ceramic Series Residential Window Films.
Night Vision Series
- Dual reflective technology provides daytime privacy while allowing easier viewing outside at night
- Allows up to 35% of the visible light through your windows
- Rejects up to 71% of the heat coming through your windows
- Additional tint provides excellent heat rejection and offers the best glare reduction
Learn more about 3M Night Vision Residential Window Films.
THE PROBLEM: When the owner of a 14,000-square-foot dream home in Sedona, Arizona, designed his residence, he included numerous towering windows that invited splendid red rock mountain views. But along with those views, he knew he would have to contend with one problem— the sun.
THE SOLUTION: Preliminary results indicate that the 3M Night Vision window film the homeowner had installed will save him 10 to 15 percent in energy costs per year. The film reduces glare and gives the home softer lighting.