Heat Loss Prevention for your Home
Virtually invisible insulation. Enhance comfort and efficiency year round with 3M Thinsulate Window Film Climate Control 75.
Thinsulate Window Film
- Helps provide increased insulation performance, much like upgrading single pane to double pane and double pane to triple pane windows
- Helps improve comfort during cold winter months
- Heat rejection helps provide comfort and energy savings in summer months
- High visible light transmission film with a neutral appearance that helps maintain the building’s existing appearance
- Helps extend the life of furnishings by significantly reducing harmful UV rays, the largest cause of fading
- Comprehensive warranty from 3M
Learn more about 3M Thinsulate Window Film.
THE PROBLEM: A recent state law mandating greater energy efficiency in government-owned buildings presented an interesting challenge at the Minnesota Governor’s Residence. Equipped with old, single-pane windows that are inefficient at keeping out cold air or blocking ultraviolet rays that can harm the building’s many historical artifacts, the staff searched for ways to reduce their energy consumption, while preserving the building’s original architecture.
THE SOLUTION: The application of 3M Thinsulate Window Film Climate Control 75 to approximately 1,100 square feet of window glass in the residence has helped provide a cost-effective way to upgrade the existing single pane windows to perform more like double pane windows, while maintaining the historic look of the home.